Blogging for beginners - starting a blog
This page compiles articles on Indian Top Blogs specifically on starting a blog.There are many articles on professional blogging and making money blogging in another section. These require a higher level of skills. You should learn about them only when you have passed the beginner level.
Please go to the following links. Depending on your level of blogging, make the best of concepts and tips. Don't hesitate to write to me if you have stuck somewhere.
How to start a blog for free
You can create your blog on free blogging platforms like Blogger or Wordpress. Both are free. These articles will guide you on how to select the best free blogging platform, how to open the first blog, and so on.
- Long post on many aspects for new bloggers as well as those frustrated with the blog not working well. Also for personal bloggers wanting to graduate to professional blogging: Starting a blog and achieving success
- Blogging myths you must know, so that you do not have exaggerated expectations from blogging.
- Blogging mistakes that new bloggers make
- How often should I blog?
B. BLOGGING PLATFORMS
- Best blogging platforms
- New features of Blogger blogging platform
- Wordpress vs Blogger, especially for new bloggers
- More on Blogger platform after 2020 updates
- Medium blogging platform
C. GENERAL DISCUSSION ON BLOGGING
- Why do you blog? It ranges from passion to money making
- Why a blog is much better than a Facebook post and why it must be maintained well
- One more way of looking at blogging: it is much better than just social networking
- How blogging at old age is good in many ways, and how to start
- Blogging benefits beyond the basic purpose: blogging should be enjoyable, not a burden
- Blogging can be a great stress-buster: blogging can give vent to suppressed feelings, transmute them
- Stop blogging if you suffer from one of these
- Why you should teach blogging to kids
- More on blogging by children
D. TIPS & TRICKS ON BLOGGING, IN HINDI
- Step by step guidance on how to start a blog on Google Blogger गूगल ब्लॉगर में ब्लॉग बनाइए
- Another post (with focus on blog design) telling step by step how to make a blog on Blogger platform सुन्दर सा ब्लॉग कैसे बनाएं
|Huffpost calls itself a blog, earns million dollars a year.|
How to make a professional blog
If your aim is to make money or develop a professional brand or help your existing business with a blog, you should go for a professional blog, not a free blog.
When you open a professional blog, you have to get your blog registered with a Domain Name Registrar and place the blog in a server of a web hosting company. Then, for making money, you must take some extra steps.
If you are very new to blogging, these terms might look too scary and confusing. Don't worry ✌😃. I have many a number of articles on all these aspects, and I keep updating them so that the advice remains useful. These are arranged in different sections linked below:
- Domain name and web hosting (tips on choosing a name for the blog, best web hosts, free web hosting, web hosting tips...)
- Getting traffic to the blog (SEO, traffic tips, Google algorithms, Google website rating, Google penalties, unethical practices, PBN...)
- Making money from blogging (Basic concepts and tips, paying subjects (=niches), how to make blogs in different niches, AdSense, affiliation, product reviews...)
- Web designing (concepts, use of colors and pictures, widgets, themes...)
- Web security (HTTPS or secure websites, GDPR/ privacy and other policies...)
- Skills for writing for websites and blogs (also general tips on good writing)
- Best ways of putting visuals on websites and blogs (also explaining the basics of digital images)
- Technical aspects of blogging (minor HTML tweaking, useful software...)
- Blogging best practices, and dos and don'ts
Post a Comment
We deeply appreciate comments but do not allow comments with links or spam. If your comment is valuable, we publish it and you naturally get a backlink through your profile. Pl do not comment on the same post more than once.